The American Association for Museum Volunteers (AAMV) is the only national association representing the over 1,000,000 volunteers in all categories of museums and cultural institutions.
What does AAMV do?
• Promotes professional standards of volunteerism
• Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
• Offers opportunities for continuing education through panel discussions and workshops at local, regional, and national conferences
• Encourages volunteers and volunteer program managers to become familiar with projects and programs both locally and nationally
• Informs and supports museums and volunteerism in advocacy for legislation at the local and national levels
• Accomplishes these goals in cooperation with museum directors, staff, and boards of trustees