For more than 25 years, the American Association for Museum Volunteers (AAMV) has been the only national association dedicated to the paid and unpaid staff members who work together in all categories of museums, large and small. AAMV provides information and services to individuals, groups, and museums that seek to start or improve their museum volunteer program.
What does AAMV do?
• Promotes professional standards of volunteerism
• Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
• Offers opportunities for continuing education through panel discussions and workshops at local, regional, and national conferences
• Encourages volunteers and volunteer program managers to become familiar with projects and programs both locally and nationally
• Informs and supports museums and volunteerism in advocacy for legislation at the local and national levels
• Accomplishes these goals in cooperation with museum directors, staff, and boards of trustees